Getting Crafty with Mama Elephant

Hello and welcome! 

Today I have two Mama Elephant cards to share with you. The first is the Pop-Up Trellis. I'm a sucker for 3 dimensional cards and this looked so sweet I just had to invest in adding this to my stash. The background is the Lawn Fawn Quilted Backdrop on Gina K Innocent Pink cardstock
The sentiment is from Gina K Designs Poly Glaze Radiant Roses, foiled with Passionate Pink fancy foil. I haven't jumped on the Glimmer Foil system bandwagon just yet and for now stick with my $20 laminator from Amazon that is 15 years old. It's amazing how easy the poly glaze sheets are to use and get a crisp clean look every time, especially once you find the setup that works for your laminator. 
(Hint, for my old Scotch laminator, my sweet spot is the 5mil heat setting. The carrier sandwich I use is folded parchment paper with the foil, poly glaze, and lightweight cardstock shim.)

There are so many ways to use this pop up that I made several and will add a sentiment when I need them. In fact, I have a baby shower coming up soon to attend and this would just be adorable.



The next card has been on my wishlist ever since I saw Kristina Werner color these critters. The Mama Elephant Group Hug stamp and die set is just so adorable! It took me a few tries to get it right. I've been wanting to incorporate more watercolor into my projects and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. However, my colors kept bleeding into one another. Mostly, I think I was just too impatient to wait for a section to dry before working on a neighboring critter. On my second attempt I tried to heat set and dry sections before moving on, but even then, it wasn't dry enough and I was getting frustrated. These guys are too cute, and I wanted to do them justice. 

Finally, I remembered that I could stamp and clear emboss, creating channels, or barriers, to keep the water and ink in their sections. Worked 100% better for me. Sure, it can be like bowling with bumpers to prevent gutter balls, but I'll take the help.

 



I wish I could tell you exactly what colors I used but I forgot to write them down. I do know they included Black Soot, Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, and Ground Espresso. The background is from the new Lawn Fawn Favorite Flannel petite paper pack and ink blended the edges with whatever blue was left on my blending brush.

I can't wait to make more of this group and keep them on hand. You can see Kristina color these adorable group of friends here on YouTube

Thanks for stopping by and until next time, keep crafting and share the love one card at a time. 

~Beth


 *All links are non-affiliate. I do not earn any commission on the use of these links. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence Badge Earned

Bunnies, Bunnies, Everywhere!

New Love for Old Products