Bunnies, Bunnies, Everywhere!

 Happy Labor Day Weekend! That means picnics, time off to spend with the family, and an extra day in the craft room! Today I have a sweet birthday card to share with you. I needed a special card for my best friend's daughter's birthday coming up and I thought this would be perfect to share as my first crafting post with everyone. So, let's jump right in.


This card is featuring LDRS Creative's Up the Rabbit Hole. This set has been sitting in my stash unused for far too long. I started by stamping my images with a Copic friendly ink. My go-to alcohol friendly inks are Momento Tuxedo Black and Gina K Designs Black Onyx. Today I went with the Tuxedo Black stamped on GKD layering white cardstock.


Bunnies: 
Tail: N0; Body: C2, C3, C5; Ears: R01, R20
The bunnies were a bit too small to add a bit of pink for the cheeks.


Carrots: Y19, YR15; YG41, YG45 (leaves)
Dirt: E33, E35 (added some extra detail with the multiliner)


Carrots: Y19, YR15; YG41, YG45 (leaves)
Sack: W5, W7


Fence: E35; E39, E29
Bush: G40, G43, G46


Pond: B00, BG11, BG13, BG18
I waited to color the grass until I knew what the background would be so I could find a matching green to help the die cuts blend in better. We'll see that in a moment. 


Here I had cut out all the images with my Sizzix Big Shot and started playing with the layout. I chose patterned paper from Lawn Fawn and used the Stitched Hillside borders to cut the grassy layer.


Next, I used Gina K Designs Master Layout 1 set to cut the mat layer (Gina K Designs Kraft) and the Lawn Fawn paper to right proportions. I love the Master Layout sets which make it so easy to fit a standard A2 card. I then began laying down my further most elements. Before laying down my furthermost background elements, I stamped Happy Birthday from Close to My Heart Party Animals with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo ink. 

 
Using Gina K Designs Connect Glue, I then laid out the rest of the elements to finish the card. Here is also when I settled on Copic YG41 & YG45 to finish the grass around the pond. 

I had a lot of fun making this card and I'm sure Ivy will love it too. I hope you are inspired to find a set that has been sitting unused for too long in your stash and have a play with it. 

Have a great weekend and catch you next time!

~ Beth


Links to some of today's products:

Up the Rabbit Hole - Pocket Pals – LDRS Creative

Stitched Hillside Borders - Lawn Fawn

Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 Die Set – Craftique (mycraftique.com)



Comments

  1. You brought this design to life, Beth! I am not the best at coloring, and you made it easy to follow along with how you made color choices and shaded the cute pics! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Persistence Badge Earned

New Love for Old Products